[vtkusers] Injecting VTKImageData into another VTKImageData

Alexis Cheng acheng_1221 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 22 19:21:05 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm attempting to inject a 2D vtkImageData object into a specific portion of another 2D vtkImageData object. i.e. Have the first vtkImageData object be displayed in a specified polygon within the second vtkImageData object.

I've tried using the blend function, but that doesn't seem to provide me with the option to specify the desired location.

I've also tried applying the images as textures onto polygons and repositioning these actors with respect to each other. The render window displays the desired merged image, but is there a way of converting this render window to a vtkImageData object?

I require the output to be a vtkImageData object as I intend to send it via an igtl link to Slicer.

Are either of these methods capable of the prescribed task? Are there any other methods that could be able to accomplish this? Thanks in advance!

Alexis Cheng
Electrical Engineering
University of British Columbia