[vtkusers] Visual debugging

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 15:26:18 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Darshan Pai <darshanpai at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not entirely sure what are you doing here . So you want to make a
> TestFilter which will make some output depending on the pipeline you want
> and as you keep adding to this filter you can see the result of the pipeline
> currently in the TestFilter, at any time?

Yep, the idea is to separate the rendering code from the algorithm. You
wouldn't want to paste 30 lines of code to make a renderer, render window,
etc inside the algorithm. All you have to do with this pattern is make the
data during the algorithm publicly accessible and invoke an event when you
want to render it. Then the big rendering code is outside of the class.

David