[vtkusers] Shading Problems with Para.Surf.

Elias Breunig elias.breunig at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 22 07:52:52 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I've written a Parametric Paraboloid class that generates paraboloid
surface data. It is based on vtkParametricEllipsoid and I basically
just exchanged the fundamental equations and definitions. Works fine
so far, but when I render the surface i get a somehow strange shading
effect on the surface, to be more prescise, a quard-foil of dark areas
(see attached image). Has anyone an idea where this might originate
from and how to get rid of it. I played around a bit with ambient and
diffuse parameters but couldn't achieve any effect at all.

Thanks for advice

Elias