[vtkusers] vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter - control number of triangle of the generated mesh ?

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya aumanga at biggjapan.com
Fri Oct 22 05:49:22 EDT 2010

Thanks Jothy for your reply,

My problem is ,vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter can not generate mesh from
vtkPolyData because of number of nodes/and or/ (x,y) range of my nodes.

Here are the images:

Source image size ( around 1000x1000 )pixels.
 - http://oi55.tinypic.com/2e2f2xd.jpg .

So,the maximum x,y coordinates of contour data is also in the range
1000x1000.
 - http://oi51.tinypic.com/4lt9c3.jpg ,
, every small circle is added as a "vtkPoint" when generating "vtkPolyData".

Generated mesh has huge number of triangles.
Here is the genereated mesh - http://oi51.tinypic.com/98soib.jpg
Wireframe of the mesh  - http://oi51.tinypic.com/r7ly10.jpg
Zoomed in -  http://oi53.tinypic.com/r08k07.jpg

If the node range is 1000x1000 and number of Z axis slices is about 200
then vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter crash.