[vtkusers] Repositioning Image within Render Window

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:04:12 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Gib Bogle <g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> Quibble: That's the case with a single actor.  Otherwise VTK aims the camera
> at the average actor position (or something like that), with the camera
> located at (xave,yave,zave+zoffset).  This must be documented somewhere.

To be precise, a bounding box that is just large enough to contain the
bounding boxes of all the actors is computed.  The center of that
bounding box is used as the focal point.  The camera position is set
to the correct distance from the focal point such that the bounding
box exactly fills the height of the window.  I don't know where it is
documented, but that's what the code in ResetCamera() does.

  David