[vtkusers] Repositioning Image within Render Window

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 18:47:46 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:36 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I will take a look at that. Although the camera move code is
> in and works..

It's best not to rely on the camera's default setting and then
move/zoom/etc from there unless you want to be purely qualitative
about the results.  Particularly with medical images, I'm always very
careful about how the data is mapped to the pixels on the computer
monitor.  For that reason, I prefer to set all of the camera
parameters manually before I start interacting with the image.

Ditto with the lookup tables.  The VTK lookup tables follow an S-curve
instead of the usual linear ramp.  So with medical images, you should
create a lookup table with a linear ramp instead of relying on the
default lookup tables that VTK provides.

  David