[vtkusers] Updating vtkCamera after SetPosition and SetFocalPoint

Donny donnyz at charter.net
Tue Oct 19 21:52:52 EDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Donny [mailto:donnyz at charter.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 6:08 PM
To: 'vtkusers at vtk.org'
Subject: Updating vtkCamera after SetPosition and SetFocalPoint

If I call Azimuth() or Dolly() on the active camera and then call Render()
on the RenderWindowInteractor the scene acts as intended. If I call
SetPosition and SetFocalPoint on the active camera and then call the same
Render() on RenderWindowInteractor the scene does not update. If I then call
Azimuth() or Dolly() again the scene updates with the camera moved to the
correct position set with the previous SetPosition and SetFocalPoint calls.
How do I get the camera to update after calling SetPosition() and
SetFocalPoint() so that a call to Render()  will render the set position and
focus?

Thanks.

Donny Zimmerman

I solved the problem I was modifying the actual position and focal point
through pointers returned by getposition and getfocalpoint. After looking at
the vtkCamera source I noticed that it checks if it is modified which it
wouldn't be the way my code was.