[vtkusers] Changing the direction of Z

Paul Harris harris.pc at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 19:46:45 EDT 2010

On 16 October 2010 21:25, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can use the vtkTransformPolyDataFilter

That will make a copy of the points and then adjust all the values, right?

There is quite a lot of points to plot, I was hoping to use an approach that
wouldn't involve using more memory.

Earlier, I tried this approach:
vtkTransform * flipform = vtkTransform::New();
flipform->Identity();
flipform->Scale(1,1,-1);
actor_flip->SetUserMatrix( flipform->GetMatrix() );

And that worked find *except* that all of the surfaces look dark, as if they
are facing away from the camera.

I looked around and tried adding vtkReverseSense to the chain, but that
didn't make any difference at all.

Should I be able to use SetUserMatrix?