[vtkusers] Access violation in Java

tesi17 tesi17 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 13:51:17 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm new with VTK. I'm trying to learn how to do volume visualization with
Java. To this end, I got the "volProt.cxx" example (found in
C:\VTK\VolumeRendering\Testing\Cxx) and translated to Java. It works well
with the dataset C:\VTKData\Data\ironProt.vtk. However, if I use another
data set, like C:\VTKData\Data\financial.vtk, I got the following access
violation message courtesy of Netbeans 6.9.1:

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0f2bd636, pid=5720,
tid=2132
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (10.0-b23 mixed mode, sharing
windows-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [vtkVolumeRendering.dll+0x46d636]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Documents and Settings\TESI\Mis
documentos\NetBeansProjects\VTKVolProt\hs_err_pid5720.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

Does anybody have a similar problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks