[vtkusers] vtkTIFFReader and metadata

Shashwath T.R. trshash at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 07:47:25 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm working with a TIFF image, which has some metadata that's also
interesting to our application. Right now, I see that vtkTIFFReader doesn't
expose the metadata inside the tiff file, and also that it has a conversion
from inches/cm to mm hard-coded into it.

So, my questions are:

a) Is it possible to use vtkTIFFReader to get the tiff file's metadata? If
not, can anyone suggest a good way to do this?
b) Is it possible somehow to override the hard-coded conversion to mm?

If others are interested in this, maybe we can improve TIFF reader to
support these features.

Regards,
Shash