[vtkusers] VTK + OSGi & RenderCreate native method

Gerrick Bivins gbivins at objectreservoir.com
Mon Oct 11 11:31:40 EDT 2010

Hi,
I haven't done osgi specifically, but have created a netbeans platform
module (similar concept, see this link
http://wiki.netbeans.org/OSGiAndNetBeans#NetBeans_and_OSGi) that wraps vtk.

I ended up forcing the load of the required libs for my app when the module
loads via the module installer (not sure what the equivalent is in osgi
terms,bundle activator maybe?) similar to the technique described here for
http://forums.netbeans.org/viewtopic.php?t=16272

I had issues on mac where it wouldn't load the libraries unless I specified
the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and made sure the
arch type of the libs matched that of the jvm. Also, had some weirdness with
the suffixes of the libs (jnilib vs dylib see :
http://forums.netbeans.org/ntopic16681.html)

On windows or linux, things worked as expected (ie how it was described in
the docs) so you may want to try your module on one of those platforms
before trying on OSX.

biv