[vtkusers] Triangle prunning

Eduardo Suarez-Santana esuarez at itccanarias.org
Mon Oct 11 07:28:16 EDT 2010

 I'm using a vtkMarchingCubes and a vtkTriangleFilter to get a
triangular mesh from a 3-d image dataset.

However, I get a triangular mesh with some extra-triangles on it. That
is, I get a triangle sharing one edge (let's say edge X) with the mesh,
and with its opposite vertex just belonging to this triangle. In other
words, edge X belongs to three triangles, two from the correct mesh, one
from an extra triangle.

Is there a way to avoid the creation of these triangles, or to remove
them? I tried vtkFeatureEdges with no success.

Thanks,
-Eduardo