[vtkusers] what's the contour iso surface of human skin

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Sun Oct 10 10:02:22 EDT 2010

Ali Habib wrote:
> I'm sorry for disturbance , but could you give me sample example
>
> Best regards

Ali,

vtkContourFilter has a function GenerateValues() that creates contours
for an equally distributed set of values between low and high specified.
in the snippet below, VoxelData is an instance of vtkImageData.

        vtkContourFilter skinExtractor = new vtkContourFilter();
        skinExtractor.SetInput(VoxelData);
        skinExtractor.GenerateValues(3, -200, 2300);

This example gives 3 contours at -200, 1050 and 2300. to search for
tissues I think I would look in the range of -300 to 300. I think there
is a fairly wide range of values that all resolve to some aspect of skin.

HTH,
Jim