[vtkusers] vtk class error

Jothy jothybasu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 16:42:58 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a c++ class to read a dicom image set. But,my app is
crashing with out any errors during building.

here is the header and source of that class, I am using Qt creator.

Header:

#ifndef MYDCMIMPORTER_H

#define MYDCMIMPORTER_H

#include<vtkImageData.h>

#include<QString>

class myDcmImporter

{

public:

    myDcmImporter();

    vtkImageData* imageData;

    vtkImageData* readImage();

};

#endif // MYDCMIMPORTER_H

Source:
#include "mydcmimporter.h"

#include<QFileDialog>

#include<QString>

#include<vtkDICOMImageReader.h>

#include<vtkSmartPointer.h>

#include<QDebug>

myDcmImporter::myDcmImporter()

{

}

vtkImageData* myDcmImporter::readImage()

{

    QString imageDirName=QFileDialog::getExistingDirectory();

    vtkSmartPointer <vtkDICOMImageReader> reader=

            vtkSmartPointer<vtkDICOMImageReader>::New();

    reader->SetDirectoryName(imageDirName.toLatin1());

    reader->Update();

    this->imageData= reader->GetOutput();

}

App crashes only while executing

myDcmImporter dcmImporter;

    dcmImporter.readImage();

//    vtkImageData *img=dcmImporter.imageData;

    int dims[3];

    dcmImporter.imageData->GetDimensions(dims);

//    dcmImporter.imageData->GetDimensions(dims);

    qDebug()<<dims[0]<<"running...";

Since I am new to c++, could be a silly mistake somewhere.

Thank you

Jothy
--
Research Scholar