[vtkusers] Glyphing vtkImageData scalars (3D) as arrows

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 13:23:29 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Jothy <jothybasu at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can easily test this with paraview. Save your image as vtkImageData and
> import into paraview.
>
> After importing click Glyph toolbar button on top right, then you can play
> around with different settings in the lower left window.
>
> This will give you some idea.
>
> Jothy

Yes, in ParaView it is easy. I select "ImageScalars" from the
"Vectors" drop down box in the glyph filter. But how do you do this in
VTK? In this example I have oriented the vectors based on the normals:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/OrientedGlyphs

but it is done through a glyph3D->SetVectorModeToUseNormal() call,
which isn't what I need in this case. I don't see any function like
SetOrientationArray(char*) that I could pass "ImageScalars".

I have attached the demo file - any thoughts?

Thanks,

David