[vtkusers] Problem with vtkClipPolyData

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 15:45:10 EDT 2010

Sean,

LGPL is not compatible with the VTK license. The best we could do is
make it easy for users to build it, possibly as an optional download.
We do this in itk with some 3rd party FFT lib, although I don't think
we have done a good job of it. git may offer us a good way to share
valuable vtk and itk journal apps. I know that Stephen Aylward is
looking into a better IJ code sharing process as part of his ITKv4
work.

Another alternative is to try and convince the 3rd party developers to
change their license.

I'll bring it up at the next VTK arb meeting.

Bill