[vtkusers] Track and record user given rotations using a trackball?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 19:33:21 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Ambar C <ambarc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> The problem I'm facing right now is that I can't seem to capture the
> user's changes. If I apply a transform filter to capture the user
> matrix, I don't get any change from the original. Would calling
> getUserTransform immediately capture what I see on the screen (after
> having made the changes with my mouse)?
>
> Best,
> Ambar

As I mentioned, the changes are applied to the Position and Orientation
variables (which you can get with the GetPosition and GetOrientation
accessors). The UserTransform is not changed unless you change it yourself.

If this is still not clear, please provide some code (very short, but
compilable) that demonstrates what you are trying to do and where it is
going wrong.

David