[vtkusers] Graphing points

Barney Sperlin bsperlinus at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 16:02:35 EDT 2010

Hi,
     I am trying to find an example of plotting a single point.  The goal would be to read the coordinates of a set of points from a file and plot each point, possibly connecting some with line segments.  Showing a coordinate system would be good, too.
     I have looked at PointClouds and StructuredPointsToUnstructuredGrid.cxx but the point-by-point mechanism seems to be hidden.  How do I do that?

     Also, in running the code from this last mentioned cxx file by pasting it into vtk_minimal (which runs) and commenting out the code for vtk_minimal, it compiles but doesn't link.  On of the 11 errors is:
1>vtk_minimal.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall vtkSmartPointerBase::~vtkSmartPointerBase(void)" (__imp_??1vtkSmartPointerBase@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall vtkSmartPointer<class vtkStructuredPoints>::~vtkSmartPointer<class vtkStructuredPoints>(void)" (??1?$vtkSmartPointer at VvtkStructuredPoints@@@@QAE at XZ)
What lib file is missing?

     Thanks,
        Barney