[vtkusers] How to visualize thousands of actors with good performance

Pascal Augustin pascal at rogue-research.com
Fri Oct 1 11:19:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

> I'd just like to know the alternatives (if any), before I consider rewriting our selection and highlighting mechanism... It would really be great, if we could find a solution to this.

 In your particular situation, would it be possible to use a single mapper for all your objects? Perhaps it could be a viable solution. For example, if you wanted to show 10000 spheres, you could do:

1) 10000 actors, 10000 mappers -> very slow
2) 1 actor, 1 mapper -> very fast
3) 10000 actors, 1 mapper -> acceptable speed

Pascal