[vtkusers] VTK beginner questions

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 16:57:18 EST 2010

Ali,
It is said to be META format in the example *only* because the
implementation uses the vtkMetaImageReader. If you are able to read
your data with a reader that derives from vtkImageAlgorithm, you will
have to deal with vtkImageData -the "format" in memory-, not DICOM or
META -the format on your disk-.

The documentation of vtkMarchingCubes and vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes
will help to find the appropriate filter for your case.

HTH
Jerome