[vtkusers] VTK beginner questions

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 07:34:36 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:17 AM, Ali Habib <ali.mahmoud.habib at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
> I want to ask about the following
> 1. I use vttransform class to transfer for example point from position x,y,z
> to x1,y1,z1 I want to know what's the dimension of the transformation mm. cm
> , meter or what.

vtkTransform just uses the same "dimensionless" quantities that your
data uses. You just specify the number and you have to interpret the
units yourself.

> 2. I use vtkmarching cube to get values(0.500) I need the iso surface 500
> what shall I do

Here is an example of vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Medical/GenerateModelsFromLabels

The example of vtkMarchingCubes I was never able to get to work:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Broken/MarchingCubes

David