[vtkusers] Execute filter asynchronous

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Fri Nov 26 16:01:44 EST 2010

Jan,
The vtkExecutionScheduler has this comment in the header file. Perhaps
the referenced papers or the authors can shed some light on your issue.

/*-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright (c) 2008, 2009 by SCI Institute, University of Utah.

 This is part of the Parallel Dataflow System originally developed by
 Huy T. Vo and Claudio T. Silva. For more information, see:

 "Parallel Dataflow Scheme for Streaming (Un)Structured Data" by Huy
 T. Vo, Daniel K. Osmari, Brian Summa, Joao L.D. Comba, Valerio
 Pascucci and Claudio T. Silva, SCI Institute, University of Utah,
 Technical Report #UUSCI-2009-004, 2009.

 "Multi-Threaded Streaming Pipeline For VTK" by Huy T. Vo and Claudio
 T. Silva, SCI Institute, University of Utah, Technical Report
 #UUSCI-2009-005, 2009.

It looks like this parallel capability was added in 2009.  The
Examples\ParallelProcessing\Generic\Cxx
directory does appear to have some examples dating from 2005 of some
subdivisions of pipeline processing to multi-thread
by discrete functions. I am not sure whether you could apply that to
your problem.

Good luck,
Hope that helps,
Jim