[vtkusers] Rendering performance

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 18:55:30 EST 2010

Hi Gib,

Glad to hear the good news.  I'm sure that you've also figured out that you
can use glyphs for your spheres.

Changing the number of glyphs is possible, but a bit tricky.  You have to
re-initialize the input polydata when changing the number of points or
cells.  So going back to my example code, you would do something like this:

input->Initialize();
input->SetPoints(new_points);
input->SetVerts(new_verts);

Generally you will have to re-build the points and the verts arrays from
scratch if you want to remove elements.   You can call Initialize() on the
arrays to clear them before rebuilding them.  The VTK arrays don't have an
erase() method like C++ vectors do.

  David