[vtkusers] VTK Model and ITKImageBase itkImage_UC3

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 17:52:09 EST 2010

Hi Sam,

The vtkPolyDataToImageStencil just creates the stencil. After that, you need
to use one of the image filters to apply the stencil to the image.

polydata -> vtkPolydataToImageStencil -> stencil

image (first input) and stencil (2nd input) -> vtkImageAccumulate -> image
histogram/statistics

The first filter just produces the stencil, but then the stencil is used as
the 2nd input (via SetStencil) for image filters like vtkImageStencil,
vtkImageBlend, vtkImageAccumulate, etc.

The test file VTK/Hybrid/Testing/Tcl/TestImageStencilWithPolydata.tcl is an
example of how to use it.

  David

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Sam <sistephan at gmail.com> wrote:

> David,
>
> I want to use VTK to see how many of the pixels from the Dicom Image are
> within the Model.  I'm not sure the Stencil approach will answer that
> question because I can only set the Model as the input not the DICOM
Image.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ