[vtkusers] Chart question

David Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Thu Nov 18 16:56:42 EST 2010

Hi all (but especially Marcus or Eric or those familiar with the new
charts),

I have a function defined over the entire real line which I would like
to illustrate using vtkChartXY and a vtkPlotLine instance. However, I
can't create a dataset to feed vtkPlotLine that specifies the function
over infinite extents. Instead, when the user pans or scales the plot,
I'd like to get new axis extents and update the dataset which
vtkPlotLine uses. Does anyone know a good way to react to pans and
zooms and retrieve the new axis extents, scaled to dataset coordinates?

	Thanks,
	David