[vtkusers] extrapolation of contours to add caps to the structures

Xiaofeng Z xf10036 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 18 14:10:01 EST 2010

I am planning to take the route scott suggested.  I may add some edge-based interpolation to the slices inserted.

One more thing I still not sure how to do is what algorithm to use to cap off the end contours, contours have no overlapping in one or both neighouring slices.  If the caps are not added, the estimated volume will be consistently become smaller and smaller as the voxel size is reduced.

So far I didn't have any luck finding a good extrapolation algorithm to estimate the size and shape of the caps.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!
Xiaofeng