[vtkusers] Interpolation and Rotation of 3d dataset

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 19:02:15 EST 2010

Reading 16-bit data is easy if the data is raw, the class vtkImageReader2
can read raw data of any type.

Iterating through a volume in VTK is generally done within the
VTK filters, i.e. it is not something that people would usually write
their own code for.  For example, when I do image registration in
VTK, I use custom VTK classes to evaluate the metrics, e.g.
vtkImageSquaredDifferenceMetric, and these are not part of the
main VTK package.  Most people who are doing image registration
choose ITK, because has the image registration infrastructure built-in.

  David