[vtkusers] libQVTK.so: undefined reference

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 15:49:27 EST 2010

Do you have your own Qt installed, in addition to the one that comes
with your system?  I suspect that your VTK build is mixing up either
the header files or the libraries between Qt versions.

The first thing to do is find out what Qt lib your QVTK links to at
run time.  You can check this on linux with the ldd command (assuming
that your Qt is built with shared libs, not static):

ldd /tools/VTK/VTK_5.6/VTK_5.6_linux64_dyn/lib/vtk-5.6/libQVTK.so

Also check VTK's CMakeCache.txt to make sure that the Qt variables are
set correctly.  Check these, specifically:
QT_LIBRARY_DIR
QT_QTCORE_INCLUDE_DIR
If the CMakeCache.txt for your own project has any QT variables, make
sure they are consistent with the ones in VTK's CMakeCache.

You will probably have to rebuild VTK after you find out what is wrong
with the settings, but note that you can re-create
VTKLibraryDepends.cmake just by running cmake.

  David