[vtkusers] VTK+Qt

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Sun Nov 14 13:23:35 EST 2010

Rachel wrote:
> Thank You Jim. My problem is the combination of QT with VTK, Also I will need
> QT and it functionality in the future. I already know how to render
> ellipsoid in VTK. My problem is how i combine VTK with QT and construct
> slider from QT .... and how is rendering updated after each modification of
> the slider value...etc.
>
> i checked several example of VTK+QT in WIKI but i couldn"t figure out how
> implement my problem
>
> Many thanks

I am sorry, I don't use QT. and it is Sunday afternoon here. Hopefully
some QT user will see your thread. If you use a vtkSliderWidget in the
scene, you could use the IteractionEvent or EndInteractionEvent
callbacks to take the slider value and set it as the ellipse parameter.
This would be assuming you started a vtkRenderWindowInteractor to
interact with the vtk scene. If you calling the vtk render functions
from your QT user interface program you would set the ellipse parameter
values from the QT slider event calls. In both cases you would need to
call the modified() function for your ellipse data to cause it to
refresh the view in the renderer.

I don't think I can help you with the specific QT code.
Good luck,
Jim