[vtkusers] delete points

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Fri Nov 5 07:45:18 EDT 2010

Rim Slama wrote:
> hi
> i read a ply file and then  i want to remove some points from it and
> review the result (i want to delete physicly the poits,), i tried
> delete point() but i doesn't work, pleaz help me

Rim,
On the surface of this I would say you need to use the modified()
function on the polydata that you deleted the point from. This will
cause the updated data to drive the pipeline again when the scene is
rendered. Also, the point is represented in one or more cells by ID, you
may have some errors with invalid structures based on th emodified
points. Post an example for discussion to get some meaningful results.

Hope that helps,
Jim