[vtkusers] How To Texture Map a patch with vtkGlobeSource

Joey Mukherjee joeymu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 17:15:49 EDT 2010

Now I remember why this doesn't work.  When you have a texture, it
must just be a flat image, right?  You can't add any relief (i.e.
vtkWarpScalar) to make it look different?  Passing the output of
vtkWarpScalar doesn't seem to work.

Its amazingly fast to plot this data as a texture instead of trying to
plot it as an image.

Also, to get this to work, I had to make the lat/long range go from
-180 to 180 and -90 to 90 since that is what my image is.  I realize
in Donny's original example, he already had the USA image and just
want to map that part.  I thought he was digging into a larger
dataset.

If I just wanted to show a certain region specified by a given
lat/long range, would any of the vtkGeo stuff be able to help me?  I'm
ideally interested in viewing the data at the polar regions.

Thank you for this!
Joey