[vtkusers] parallel Laplacian smoothing

ruan_cpp at sohu.com ruan_cpp at sohu.com
Thu Nov 4 11:18:27 EDT 2010

Hi all!        Does anyone have ideas about parallel laplacian smoothing. I want to rewrite the vtkSmoothPolydataFilter using OpenMP. But after I look into the source code, I found that the iteration is all like this. for (inVerts=input->GetVerts(), inVerts->InitTraversal(); inVerts->GetNextCell(npts,pts); )the next iteration is based on the previous one, this is not easy to rewrite by parellel.for example, if the iteration is like this, for(long i = 0; i < 1000000000; i++)I can easily  use OpenMP parallel directive #pragma parallel for .  So does anyone have experience about the parallel laplacian smoothing. Code or Linkers about this are all welcome!!!!! Thanks