[vtkusers] Using vtkMarchingCubes3D with vtkContourWidget

Jonathan Morra jonmorra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 00:37:09 EDT 2010

Thanks for your help, but your suggestion isn't working for me.  Here is a
snippet of my code, could you please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

    vtkPlane cutPlane = new vtkPlane();
    switch (orientation) {
        case OrthoPanel.ORIENTATION_XY:
            cutPlane.SetNormal(0, 0, 1);
            break;
        case OrthoPanel.ORIENTATION_XZ:
            cutPlane.SetNormal(0, 1, 0);
            break;
        case OrthoPanel.ORIENTATION_YZ:
            cutPlane.SetNormal(1, 0, 0);
            break;
    }
    vtkCutter cutter = new vtkCutter();

    vtkImageData imageData = imageViewer.GetInput();
    double[] bounds = imageData.GetBounds();
    double spacing = imageData.GetSpacing();

    cutter.SetInput(organ);
    for (double cutLoc = bounds[0]; cutLoc <= bounds[1]; cutLoc+=spacing[0])
{
        double[] cutOrigin = new double[3];
        cutOrigin[orientation] = cutLoc;
        cutPlane.SetOrigin(cutOrigin);
        cutter.SetCutFunction(cutPlane);
        cutter.Update();

        if (cutter.GetOutput().GetNumberOfPoints() == 0)
            continue;

        vtkStripper stripper = new vtkStripper();
        stripper.SetInputConnection(cutter.GetOutputPort());
        stripper.Update();
        vtkPolyData stripData = stripper.GetOutput();
    }