[vtkusers] Restrict widget movement

Daniel Haehn haehn at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 2 17:56:10 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

I want to restrict the user-controlled movement of a vtkDistanceWidget to a specific region. In particular I want to restrict it to the visible area of the current renderer.

Right now, I set a callback on its InteractionEvent, get the display coordinates of the widget representation and convert them into normalized viewport coordinates to check if they are between 0 and 1. It does not work as expected but this might be my error.

Do you know a better or different way to do this?

Thank you,
Daniel