[vtkusers] using VTK 5.6 through Python 2.6 on windows

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:12:42 EDT 2010

Hi Prathamesh,

The vtk "module" is the vtk directory in Wrapping\Python.  It, in
turn, requires all the the Python.pyd files in the bin\Debug directory
(or just bin if you are using mingw or cygwin to compile).

SET PYTHONPATH=C:/VTK/VTK_BIN_DIR/Wrapping/Python;C:/VTK/VTK_BIN_DIR/bin/Debug

If you made a VTK directory in site_packages, get rid of it until you
have everything working with PYTHONPATH.

David