[vtkusers] Filter to set the slice distance in a 3D rendered volume

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon May 31 17:22:38 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Daniela Sacchetto
<danysunflower at hotmail.it> wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I'm new in vtk and I'm trying to do a work for my thesis.
>
> I have to improve a code that gives a 3D volume from 2D slices (.jpg or
> other formats).
> My code has to be improved because the 3D visualized with VTK (I'm using
> vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction) is too "slim": I would like to modifie
> the Z dimension.
> Have anyone found this problem yet? Could anyone suggest me a VTK method or
> class that do something similar?
>
> Regards
> Daniela

I don't know what you mean by "slim". Can you give us a sample data
set or a screenshot of what you have and an explanation of what is
wrong?

You may want to look into the Marching Cubes algorithm:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Medical/GenerateModelsFromLabels

Good luck,

David