[vtkusers] CMake Boost with VTK?

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Thu May 27 19:05:04 EDT 2010

It seems to be very low on their radar. They have bjam working well
for both windows and linux so there will be little incentive to change
to CMake.
Given their build system works so well I think it would add more
complexity to users if we pointed them to a cmake version. By the way
as Marcus mentioned,  boost has released version 1.43 so this is
already three releases ahead of the last ("official") cmake release.
With respect to David Doria's comment about the change to
src/VTK/CMakeLists.txt re removing the cmake check for the boost
version. Are there any users using such an old version of boost? Why
is this message triggered at all in David's case?

Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems