[vtkusers] Trying to make an image Full window expanded

Raúl Ferriz raul at torresyvalero.com
Wed May 26 13:15:30 EDT 2010

Hi all!

I am trying without big success to display an image (dicom slice) on a
vtkImageViewer2. vtkImageViewer2 is linked with own Renderer,
RenderWindow, and Interactor. Interactor does nothing, only ignores all
events with exception of SHIFT+R to allow debugging of this 'feature'.

I'm using example code of BackgroundImage to make imageviewer full
window. It works ok when slice is on XY plane.

To draw XZ and YZ slice planes I try to apply vtkTransformation on each
case (with proper rotateX, rotateY and rotateZ) , and seems to work
because shift+r shows image, (but not full window)  and if I change
camera position image drawed on same plane as XY slice. BUT when I apply
the code from BackgroundImage example, do not put camera on correct
position.

Any advice?