[vtkusers] Problem with loading the.mhd files on ParaView

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 25 11:23:18 EDT 2010

Hi Yusuf,

A)  The problem with the Watershed file is
      that you are using the pixel type:

       ElementType = MET_ULONG_LONG

      Probably because you are working in
      a 64bits machine. (?)

      Note that I can load your Watershed image
      fine by using the ITK ImageViewer.

      Please replace the pixel type of the
      watershed output to be just an
      "unsigned long". In that way you will
      be able to load the image into ParaView.

B)  I was able to read the RegionGrowing.mhd
      file with paraview by simply doing:

       paraview --data=RegionGrowing.mhd

      Note however, that your mask is inverted.
      The skull is set to zeros, while all the rest
      is set to 255.

      How have you been trying to load this
      file into ParaView ?

      In principle, you just need to go to the "File"
      menu, request "Open" and click on the
      "RegionGrowing.mhd" file.

      Then click on the "Apply" button.
      At that point you will see a wireframe outline
      of the 3D image in the Paraview 3D view.

    Regards,

          Luis