[vtkusers] Segment Import from itksnap

Scott Johnson Scott.Johnson at neuwave.com
Mon May 24 16:52:59 EDT 2010

Hi Folks,

I segmented a volume in itksnap, exported it to a VTK Mesh, and
attempted to import it into my VTK application using vtkPolyDataReader.
The shape seems to import correctly, but it is located outside my image
volume.  (To the left and down.)

I've tried converting the vtp file to an XML file and imported using
vtkXMLPolyDataReader, with the same result.  It's also the same if I
import to Paraview.

Is this the difference between the ITK and VTK coordinate systems?  If
so, is this only a translation issue?  What is the mathematical
relationship between the ITK and VTK coordinate systems?

Thanks

                                -- Scott