[vtkusers] Filter a structured points-space through a 3d-polydata shape

Álvaro González Lorente sapito_verbenero at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 10:04:44 EDT 2010

Yes. What I exactly have is a structured point space with values that go from 37.0 to 70.0. I don't want them all, only the ones that would fall inside a sphere (for example). So the code would go like that:

    pdr = vtk.vtkPolyDataReader()
    pdr.SetFileName("pd_sphere.vtk")
    pdr.Update()

    spr = vtk.vtkStructuredPointsReader()
    spr.SetFileName("spt.vtk")
    spr.Update()

    extractor = vtk.vtkSelectEnclosedPoints()
    extractor.SetSurface(pdr.GetOutput())
    extractor.SetInput(spt.GetOutput())
    extractor.Update()

    op = extractor.GetOutput()

After writing the output with the vtkStructuredPointWriter, I get a file where the points that have value different than 0 (which are exactly the ones within the sphere) have a value equal to 0.00392157, instead of 37.0-70.0. That is exactly the problem, hope I made my self enough clear. Thanks.