[vtkusers] xxxxxSPAMxxxxx Re: xxxxxSPAMxxxxx xxxxxSPAMxxxxx Slice from .tiff images

alex alexdowson at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 07:38:18 EDT 2010

Hi David

Yes i treid  with vtkTiffReader but it is not able load tiff files because
stored slices are float types. Should i need to try with ITK implemtations ?

I tried to do with following codes

vtkTIFFReader *Reader = vtkTIFFReader::New();
Reader->SetFilePrefix ("D:/Work/VTK/Data/reconstructed/Image");
Reader->SetFileDimensionality(3);
Reader->SetFilePattern("%s%d.tiff");
Reader->SetDataByteOrderToBigEndian();
Reader->SetDataExtent (0,180,0,216,0,180);
Reader->SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedChar();
Reader->SetDataOrigin(0,0,0);
Reader->SetDataSpacing(1,1,1);
Reader->Update();

But it says

ERROR: In .\vtkTIFFReader.cxx, line 323
vtkTIFFReader (03E268E8): Unable to open file
D:/Work/VTK/Data/reconstructed/Image0.tiff
ERROR: In .\vtkMarchingCubes.cxx, line 415
vtkMarchingCubes (03E39270): Cannot contour data of dimension != 3

Alex