[vtkusers] vtkImageViewer2 do not fit my needs

Raúl Ferriz raul at torresyvalero.com
Wed May 19 04:46:06 EDT 2010

El 19/05/2010 10:32, Karthik Krishnan escribió:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Raúl Ferriz <raul at torresyvalero.com
> <mailto:raul at torresyvalero.com>> wrote:
>

>     Hello again!
>
>     I have created next class only for testing porpouses:
>

>     Later on my code I have something like:
>
>     myInteractorStyle2d* style = myInteractorStyle2d::New();
>     m_Interactor->SetInteractorStyle(style);
>     m_ImageViewer2->SetupInteactor(m_Interactor);
>

>     But this doesn't seem to work. Before I had StyleTrallbackActor,
>     and when I changed to ImageStyle, I can see the diferences. But
>     seems like my overrides do not want to work, it act just like I
>     was using vtkInteractorStyleImage... What am I doing wrong?
>

> Your line "m_Interactor->SetInteractorStyle(style)" no effect here,
> since the ImageViewer overrides this with its own interactor style
> (vtkInteractorStyleImage) in the very next line. Specifically the line
> m_ImageViewer2->SetupInteractor(..), invokes
>
>  vtkImageViewer2::InstallPipeline()
>
> where the connections are made..
>
> Move that line after setting up the pipeline :
>

>    myInteractorStyle2d* style = myInteractorStyle2d::New();
>    m_ImageViewer2->SetupInteactor(m_Interactor);
>    m_Interactor->SetInteractorStyle(style);
>

> Please dig a bit deeper by looking at the source code.

Ouch, did not thought that order can be crucial!
That worked!

Now myInteractorStyle2d is finally used. I was currently looking at
sourcecode and try to find what logic was used, but I currently did not
find that piece of code. Next time I will find deeper before asking.

Many thanks to all interested.