[vtkusers] Voxel Data from MATLAB to VTK

Brian Davis bitminer at gmail.com
Mon May 17 12:26:58 EDT 2010

Ok Gmail snafu accidentally sent prematurely last email

I also looked at the examples for ... (continuing on from previous email)
examples of arrays

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Infovis/Testing/Cxx/ArrayMatricizeArray.cxx?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain

and I did find the Matlab engine filter which appears to be a way to call
Matlab engine form vtk, but I don't think I can use this for my purposes.

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Graphics/Testing/Cxx/TestMatlabEngineFilter.cxx?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain

I started with the Arrays as an approach but then realized that there is no
good way *that I can see* to get it to image data.  I liked the array
approach for the block copy (or at least what I think is a block copy with
no actual copying of the data occuring):

vtkArray->SetVoidArray( (void *) volumeData, y_dim*x_dim*z_dim , 1);

I was then hoping to resize/reshape data without loosing the data.. though
api makes references to data loss.

None of the other api objects seem to have the ability to set a pointer to
the data and reshape as needed without copying the array or having to result
to for loops.

-Again sorry for 2 part email

Brian.