[vtkusers] Bug in vtkBoostPrimMinimumSpanningTree?

Thompson, David C dcthomp at sandia.gov
Sun May 16 17:28:56 EDT 2010

>> I'm curious if anyone has ever used vtkBoostPrimMinimumSpanningTree. I'm
>> trying to but unexpectedly get an empty tree out no matter what I put in. A
>> python script that should generate a non-NULL spanning tree is attached.
>> I've tracked down what I think is the problem but I'm not sure enough of
>> my fix to commit it. ...
> I've used this many times, but only in c++:
> http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Graphs/MinimumSpanningTree
>
> Maybe it is a problem with the python wrapping?

Hi David,

Hmm. I don't think it's a problem with the python wrapping; I built and ran the
example on the wiki page you pointed out and get an empty graph when I revert
the vtkBoostPrimMinimumSpanningTree to the version in the repository. I am using
git VTK updated as of yesterday, Boost 1.42.0, and gcc 4.2.1. Perhaps it is a bug in
Boost or the VTK/Boost graph adaptors that has crept in at some point?

    David

PS. I fixed a small filename inconsistency on the wiki page.