[vtkusers] Reslicing Image

Doug Hoppes dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com
Fri May 14 10:17:48 EDT 2010

Hi all,

                I'm playing with reslicing the image.  I have a 25 plane
image stack that I load into a list using vtkImageAppend.  Essentially,
I would like to create 10 evenly-spaced slices at a random angle to the
image stack. (each plane has the same orientation).  What is the best
way to approach this problem?

                Do I combine the images into a volume, randomly rotate
them, and then take a vertical slice (incrementing the Z plane by 1)?
Or can I create a slice that moves through the image planes at an even
random angle?

Doug

Doug Hoppes doug at mbfbioscience.com

Senior Software Engineer