[vtkusers] Are there any Tcl users out there?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri May 14 07:16:14 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 3:45 AM, pablo p del castillo
<pablodecastillo at yahoo.es> wrote:
> Hi David, I do allways.
>
> From my point of view, it is very fast to develop viewers (not need compile), all buttons etc are in tcl/tk too, Tcl is very nice "glue", so you can use with c, c++, fortran ......
>
> Recently with 6 lines of code Tcl i got glue my application with VTK to plot results in real time.
>
> A lot of advantages....
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pablo

Pablo, Robert,

The main reason I ask (besides curiosity) is that I was looking for
some volunteers to start the Tcl section of the examples wiki. If you
guys have a few free minutes here and there and could convert some of
the basic c++ examples to Tcl it would be much appreciated. It would
also probably encourage casual users to contribute to the section.
It's pretty daunting now when it's completely empty!

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples#Example_Usage_.28Tcl.29

Thanks,

David