[vtkusers] VTK Grid to ITK Image

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu May 13 16:37:01 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Panagiotis Foteinos <pafotein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a VTK unstructured grid. I would like to convert this (mesh) into an
> ITK Image for image processing. Is there a series of filtering that can make
> this conversion automatically?
>
> Regards,
> Panagiotis

I wrote a filter called vtkVoxelizePolyData that converts a PolyData
to an ImageData. It should be easy to extend to converting an
UnstructuredGrid to an ImageData. Of course, you will lose most of the
information, and end up with an approximation (how good depends on the
fineness of the grid) of the points.

It is available here:
http://www.midasjournal.org/browse/publication/713

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for and if you
have any questions.

Thanks,

David