[vtkusers] depth rendering depending on the camera

Giancarlo Amati ilferraresebono at hotmail.it
Thu May 13 06:37:51 EDT 2010

Hello Vtkrs,

sorry to bother you but I am struggling in finding the solution to this problem:

I have my virtual camera defined  by a vtkCamera object. and I have a 3D MRI rendered. Now,
I am trying to realise a further 2D image which containts a coloured rendering of the object where
the pixel of the image plane are colored depending on the distance (z coordinate) from the camera.
Is this methodology called Depth rendering or something similar, is there anything in VTK that can help?

Many thanks,
Giancarlo