[vtkusers] libvtkRendering.so.5.6: undefined symbol: _ZN8QMapData10createDataEi

dbaran baran.aydogan at gmail.com
Tue May 11 14:10:33 EDT 2010

Hello,

I use VTK 5.6 libraries (source build with no shared lib and rpath off) in
MATLAB and build using MATLAB mex. Earlier I could run vtkRenderer of VTK
5.2 in MATLAB R2009b. I updated both my MATLAB and VTK now the very same
code that used to work in my earlier system have issues. The thing is it
compiles correctly but when I need to run it I have the following error:

/usr/local/lib/vtk-5.6/libvtkRendering.so.5.6: undefined symbol:
_ZN8QMapData10createDataEi.

I could run other VTK codes of mine in MATLAB actually; the problem arises
when I try to use vtkRenderer.

I would be very glad if someone can help me solve this...

-Baran